NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY ENTERING THE EARTHHOUSE MIDSUMMER GATHER THEME ARTWORK CONTEST, YOU AFFIRMATIVELY AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES AND MATERIAL GUIDELINES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES AND MATERIAL GUIDELINES, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
1. Contest Timing: The Earth House Midsummer Gather Theme Artwork Contest (the "Contest") begins 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on July 1st each year and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 30th each year (the "Contest Period").
The Contest Period consists of an Entry Period (the "Entry Period") which begins 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on July 1st each year and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 15th each year, but may be extended at the discretion of the Executive Board of the Sponsor until November 1st each year, a Voting Period (the "Voting Period") which begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on November 15th each year and ends at 11:59 p.m. on November 25th each year, and a Judging Period (the “Judging Period") which begins 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on November 26th each year and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 30th each year.
2. Eligibility: Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia 18 years of age and over ("Entrant"). Entrant must comply with any requirements of the Official Rules. The term Winner applies only to the Entrant. For the purposes of the Contest, participation includes being the Entrant featured in the Entry Material. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. How to Enter the Contest: During the Entry Period, you may access the Contest at
https://www.earthhousemn.org/logo-art-contest (the "Site"). Once on the Site, complete the on-screen registration form and the “Entry Packet” will be emailed to you. Registration information provided and any artwork submitted shall collectively be referred to as the "Entry" or "Entry Material(s).” Your Entry must adhere to the Entry Material Guidelines and the Official Rules. Entries must be complete to be eligible. By submitting artwork, you attest that you have completed the release form in the Entry. You will be required to submit the release form as part of the Entry. Limit one Entry per Entrant. If additional entries are submitted from Entrant only the first entry will be eligible. Sponsor will review Entry and Entry Material to ensure compliance with the Official Rules. If approved by Sponsor, Entry will be posted online during the Voting Period.
Entry Material Guidelines:
A) Size: clearly printable at 12 inches by 12 inches at a resolution of 300dpi
B) Entry must contain Two (2) versions
1) A full-color version for publications
2) A Black & White (not grayscale) version for T-Shirt images
C) Electronic format: AI, EPS, PSD (preferred) – PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP acceptable
D) Entry must not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
E) Entry must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure, include any anti-social, political or religious groups or charitable organizations, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or name, address, phone number, or URL address. Entry must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations.
F) Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
G) Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, indecent, inappropriate, hateful, tortuous, slanderous, libelous, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third-party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, or mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, slogans, political, or religious statements), or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and will disqualify Entrant.
H) Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Contest. Entry must not disparage persons or organizations associated with, or competitors of, Sponsor.
I) Entry must adhere to the Entry Material Guidelines and the entire Official Rules of the Contest. All material submitted becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor does not guarantee that Entrant will have any recourse through Sponsor to edit or delete any Entry Material that is submitted.
J) Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. All Entries received will be reviewed and approved for compliance with the Official Rules by Sponsor.
4. Online Voting: All approved Entries will be posted on the Site and will be subject to voting by visitors to the Site during the Voting Period, which begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on November 15th each year and ends at 11:59 p.m. on November 25th each year.
Visitors will have the opportunity to visit the Site and vote for their favorite Entry. Limit one (1) vote per person. The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such votes and to disqualify the responsible
individual from voting. Any attempt by any person to vote more than the number of times authorized herein, using any third party proxy voting services, incentives not sponsored by Sponsor, using multiple names or e-mail addresses and/or any other fraudulent mechanism(s), including robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods, shall give Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the right to disqualify Entrant from Contest. All Entrants and the votes each Entrant receives are subject to verification by Contest Administrator, and must meet all eligibility requirements before Entrant may be confirmed as a winner of any prize.
5. Judging to Determine the Winner: The Winner will be determined by the Executive Board of the Sponsor based on the Public Votes from the Voting Period. In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be judged by the Executive Board of the Sponsor and a Winner will be determined in its sole discretion.
Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Board, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Winner will be notified by email/mail on or about December 1st each year.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Values ("ARV’s"): First Place prize - Approximately $320.00 USD, awarded in the form of two (2) paid full-week admissions to the next Earth House Project of Minnesota Midsummer Gather.
All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of Winner. No transfer or substitution for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason, and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to Winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
7. Winner Notification: The Winner will be notified by email, sent to the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry, after the judging has been completed.
8. General Rules: All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use Winner’s name, likeness and Entry Material for promotional and advertising purposes, in any and all media, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. All Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g.,business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Contest or by any human error which may occur.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel Contest if any aspect of Contest becomes technically corrupted, and select Winner based on votes received prior to cancellation.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Sponsor and its agencies and respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in Contest or the awarding of prize.
Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in Contest or use or redemption of prize.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
None of the material that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on the part of Sponsor and its third-party service providers and agents or their respective directors, officers and employees.
9. Release and Grant of Rights: By entering, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Each Entrant, grants to Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, brands, subsidiaries,
successors, licensees and agents and those they may designate from time to time (all of the foregoing, the "Licensed Entities") a non- exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform such Entry Material, in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or here after discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, with out any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law).
Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of any Entry Material constitutes Entrant’s agreement that Sponsor is permitted (but are not obligated) to display Entry Material online for public viewing and/or comment (whether on Licensed Entities’ web pages or on third party web pages), to incorporate Entry Material in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute Entry Material in all media whether now known or later developed.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby releases and discharges, on behalf of itself and its successors, assigns and representatives, the Sponsor and each of its respective officers, directors and employees from any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, liabilities and damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of such Entry, including, without limitation, any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity and persona, and/or defamation.
Without limitation of the foregoing, in no event will Entrant be entitled to, and waives any right to, enjoin, restrain or interfere with (i) use of such Entry Material as permitted here under or (ii) the exploitation of any of Sponsor’s rights here under.
Entrant understands that Sponsor is relying upon the foregoing representations and warranties, grants of rights and licenses, and releases in permitting it to submit Entry Material. Entrant acknowledges that it may not terminate or rescind the grants of rights and licenses and/or the releases contained herein.
Contest and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Minnesota, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Minnesota and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Minnesota.
10. Winner: For a listing of the winner, available after December 1st each year, visit
11. Annual Theme Selection: The Theme for the Annual Gather and Artwork shall be the sole right and responsibility of the Executive Board of the Sponsor, and shall be presented each year at the Midsummer Gather.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Earth House Project of Minnesota, P.O. Box 226, Shafer, MN 55074