and the Earth House Midsummer Gather
This Page Last Updated 3/16/2020 2:03pm
1. Please do not panic, that only makes things worse, never better.
2. Please do take it seriously and take the proper precautions. LISTEN and HEED official announcements. There is an avalanche of new information every single day. Stay alert.
3. “At this time” (note posting date above) we are not canceling or postponing the Gather. It is a bit less than 3 months from now, we are an OUTDOOR event, and we KNOW the picture will change by then. As we approach the Gather, we will re-assess and advise. (Positive news: Eagle Cave has new innards for the outhouses! All plastic which is easier to sanitize. A LOT LESS ODOR. Flushable Toilets. And Sinks with running water to wash your hands!!)
4. Due to the uncertainty of the situation, we are modifying our refund policy for this year.
-- If at the time of the Gather we determine it to be in the best interest of everyone’s health, we will either postpone or cancel the Gather, and refunds will be made as appropriate.
-- If the imminent danger of the virus has been mitigated and the Gather goes on as planned, but you are sick, PLEASE STAY HOME. We will miss you! But we really don’t want to get sick. We will issue you a full refund.
-- If the imminent danger of the virus has been mostly controlled, but there is a reasonable expectation that you have been exposed to it, PLEASE STAY HOME. We will miss you! But we really don’t want to get sick. We will issue you a full refund.
If you rented a cabin, please contact Eagle Cave directly
WHAT WE PLAN ON DOING:
1. More trash cans will be made available
2. More hand sanitizing stations will be made available
3. We are considering making the potluck feasts a BYO picnic (no shared utensils)
4. Recommend that Hugs and Handshakes be replaced with Bowing and Curtsies
THE FACTS ABOUT COVID-19 THAT ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO US
(from the CDC, for more information please visit their site at About Coronovirus)
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of fever cough and shortness of breath. Some patients have pneumonia in both lungs, multi-organ failure and in some cases death.
People can help protect themselves from respiratory illness with everyday preventive actions.
•Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
•Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
•Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
If you are sick, to keep from spreading respiratory illness to others, you should:
•Stay home when you are sick.
•Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
•Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you have ANY Comments, Questions, Concerns, or Recommendations, please Contact Us
Hoarding does NOT help you stay healthy if all your neighbors get sick... leave some TP and sanitizer for the next guy!!!